This employee-owned multi-disciplined Engineering Consultancy is recruiting a new leader for their small Geotechnical Engineering team based on Auckland North Shore.
The Geotechnical team is a small team of four experienced engineers. This Team Leader role would suit a Senior Engineer keen to step up into a lead level role. Reporting directly to the Geotechnical Engineering Director, the successful candidate will have the freedom to grow and develop the team, and to develop relationships with new clients, in line with the continued expansion and growth of the consultancy.
The team is currently involved in a number of projects including:
- Foundations (shallow foundations, ground screws, cast in situ concrete piles etc., settlement analysis).
- Land development projects ranging from small to large scale subdivisions for private and commercial developers plus HNZ developments.
- Retaining structures.
- Construction monitoring (subgrade inspection, fill compaction, settlements).
- Landslide remediation/mitigation.
- Ground improvement.
- Retail buildings, commercial developments.
- On-site wastewater disposal investigations and reporting.
The position is based in the consultancy’s Auckland North Shore office. Auckland North Shore is one of the nicest urban areas in New Zealand. Beautiful, beachside neighbourhoods with a vibrant café and restaurant scene, beautiful parks and a relaxed, community feel.
Established in the mid-1980s, this respected company provides multi-disciplinary expertise that allows clients to use just one engineering company for their entire project. This consultancy has strong existing partnerships with a wide range of clients, providing services for architects, developers, planners, surveyors and building owners. The consultancy is resourced in structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental and fire engineering service and has offices in Auckland, Christchurch, and Whakatane. The individual engineering teams integrate with each other across projects in a supportive team working environment.
This role offers an incredible chance to move into working within a busy, medium sized, multi-disciplinary engineering design consultancy that places a high value on the work-life balance of its employees. With just under fifty employees, the consultancy prides itself on maintaining a supportive and friendly work-place culture, with regular social events, approachable management and a focus on staff wellbeing and career development across the board.
Alongside a market leading salary package of $120-$170K per year, (depending on experience and registrations), the benefits on offer include:
- Private use of company vehicle and a parking bay at the office.
- Company ownership/shares options.
- Annual bonus (discretionary).
- Very flexible working conditions.
- Free gym membership.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Memberships to professional registrations.
- Annual training budget for professional development.
Ideally you will already be based in New Zealand and hold the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in Geotechnical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering and New Zealand based experience would be highly advantageous.
- A tertiary qualification in Geotechnical Engineering.
- CPEng registered or currently working towards this.
Please contact Mike Davidson on email@example.com for further information and a confidential discussion about this role.