Brand New Geotechnical Engineer / Team Leader role based on Auckland North Shore.
This employee owned multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy was formed in the mid 1980’s and has established offices in Auckland, Christchurch and The Bay of Plenty with an engineering workforce of of 45+.
The company provides expertise across Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Structural Engineering and has partnerships with a wide range of clients in the design and delivery of commercial and residential projects across the north and south islands.
The Auckland North Shore based Geotechnical Engineering team are looking for a new leader. This Geotechnical team is a small, tight knit team of three. If you are a senior engineer looking for your first lead level role, this is the role you have been looking for. You will report directly to the geotechnical engineering director and be given the freedom to grow and develop your team and develop relationships with new clients.
The team is currently involved in a number of projects including:
- Foundations (shallow foundations, ground screws, cast in situ concrete piles etc.,
- Land development projects ranging from small to large scale subdivisions for private and commercial developers plus HNZ developments.
- Retaining structures.
- Construction monitoring (subgrade inspection, fill compaction, settlements)
- Landslide remediation/mitigation
- Ground improvement
- Retail buildings, commercial developments
- On-site wastewater disposal investigations and reporting.
On offer is a market leading salary package as well as very attractive employee benefits including:
- Salary $120 – 170K per year – Depending on experience and registrations
- Company vehicle – Private use – Parking space
- Company ownership/shares options
- Annual bonus
- Very flexible working conditions
- Free gym membership
- New laptop and phone
- Professional memberships fully funded
- Annual training and development budget
Ideally you will already be based in New Zealand and hold the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in geotechnical engineering
- Civil Engineering and NZ based experience would be advantageous
- A tertiary qualification in geotechnical engineering
- CPEng registered or currently working towards this.
If you are keen to learn more or have a initial confidential discussion please contact Mike on firstname.lastname@example.org